New immigration and nationality fees for 2016 to 2017 – UK VISA FEES

From 11 January 2016, the UK government set out its proposed changes to the fees for visas, immigration and nationality applications and associated premium services for 2016–17.

Specific fee changes for 2016–17 will apply after further legislation is laid in Parliament by April this year.

The new legislation will set maximum levels on the amounts for broad categories of fees that can be charged by the Home Office over the next 4 years. There are no current plans to raise fees to the maximum levels.

These increases will allow us to reduce taxpayer contributions towards the border, immigration and citizenship system and ensure that by 2019–2020 the system is self funded by those who use it.

The main changes are:

  • small increases (2%) for visit, study and work visas
  • fees for settlement, residence and nationality will increase by 25% in 2016–17
  • targeted increases have been applied to premium services, such as the priority visa service

Fees for all sponsorship categories will stay at the current rates.

The new fees for applications can be found in the fees table.

Short-term UK study visa guide

study-in-uk-bannerShort-term UK study visa also known as student visitor visa. Overseas student interested to study short course in UK should apply for a student visitor visa. Usually these type of course minimum 4 weeks to maximum 9 months. Short-term UK student visa can study English, Business, Fashion or any kind of training courses.

Remember this is not a Tier 4 (General) student visa who’s coming to study academic course. Student visitor visa allows to study and return the student to their home. This short-term student visitor visa could be for minimum 6 to 9 months and there won’t be any extension under Short-term student visitor visa.

Continue reading

UK Immigration and Nationalities Fees are Increasing

28th February 2011, Immigration minister Damien Green proposed to increase immigration and nationality application fees for all those applying to study, visit, work or stay in the UK. These fees will not apply untill they have been debated and approved in Parliament, but are due to take effect from 6 April 2011. Click here to see new proposed application fees details.

This fees will apply from 6th April 2011 but depending on parliaments approved.

Even UK Boarder Agency stated

The UK Border Agency believe the proposals to increase fees continue to strike the right balance between maintaining secure and effective border controls and ensuring that the fees structure does not inhibit the UK’s ability to attract those migrants and visitors that make a valued contribution. This will help to support the immigration system, maintain public confidence and ensure that migration is managed for the benefit of the UK.

5 Things You Need To Know Before You Apply For Tier 2 Work Permit Visa

jobTier 2 is a category where Non European apply for work permit visa in UK. Most importantly this is an alternative of Post Study Work (PSW) visa in UK. Tier 2 is very popular for the overseas (Tier 4 General) students in UK. Recent graduates can apply for any Tier 2 job without any Labour market test. You should always follow the following 5 steps to find a genuine Tier 2 registered sponsor.

Step 1  Search a Tier 2 Registered Sponsor

This is the most important stage. Being a Tier 4 General Student you must need a UKVI registered Tier 2 sponsor. The best way to find a sponsor is to go through the UKVI website. If you’ve been offered a job in a company but the company doesn’t hold a Tier 2 Sponsor licence then you won’t be able to apply for Tier 2 visa. Don’t ask where can I find a Tier 2 registered sponsor list. Click here to find a registered Tier 2 Sponsor list.

Continue reading

Tier 4 students exempts from Tier 2 salary up

Not good enough but at least something government has listened from Migratory Advisory Committee. The salary threshold will increase at least £30,000 for the Non-EU migrants but this changes will not affect if anyone hire international student who has recently graduated to a degree level course.

Also a new immigration skill charge announced £1,000 each year from the employers if the recruit Non-EU employees but again this charge does not need for the Tier 4 migrants and PhD level students. If employers decided to hire international students from UK then they will be able to save £1,000 each year for each candidate.

This is an inspiring move for foreign students. The employers will be more focused on hiring recent graduates eventually experts told. The threshold of Tier 2 migrants joining salary will remain same £20,800 (including foreign graduates) and other skilled Tier 2 visa will hike up to £25,000 p/a this autumn. The following next year it will reach up to £30,000 for new entrants.

Taught and Research Scholarships at University of Leeds

Taught and research scholarships are available at University of Leeds in different undergraduate and post-graduate program. This scholarships are available for Uk students, EU students and International students based on their academic achievement.Student scholarships and Loan are available in Uk for local, EU and international Students.

Postgraduate students at Leeds benefit around £10 million of funding being available from the University and externally.Individual University Schools also offer some scholarships, and substantial numbers of studentships funded by the UK Research Councils are available for postgraduate study at Leeds for UK and EU students.

Continue reading

Overseas students and workers can qualify for a tax refund

You could qualify for a tax refund if you are an overseas student, work permit holder, Tier 1, Yellow or Blue Card holder – in fact any visa type – even if you are no longer legal!

Wherever you are working in the world, whether on a work permit or student visa or even illegally, the bad news is you will have to pay tax.

The good news is that you may now be able to claim a lot of this money back!

Even non-studying Tier 4 students and UK visa overstayers, who are most likely still paying tax on their illegal earnings to the government, can qualify for a tax refund. Continue reading

Loans for US Students in the UK

For US Students who are planning to enroll directly in a foreign school, your funding options are a lot more limited than for those studying in the USA. Exchange rates continue to eat away at the value of a dollar, making it even more expensive to study overseas. However, International Student Loan provides you with a complete funding source to cover your education costs in a foreign country.

The most economical way to fund your education when you are enrolled in a foreign school is to borrow all you can on Federal Stafford Loans, so make sure you complete your FAFSA and get your federal funding. But typically you will need a lot more than is available through the Stafford program, so you can also borrow any remaining funds that you need through our Foreign Enrolled Private Loan. Because it is school certified, you will not borrow more than you need.

Co-Signer Recommended for All Applicants

The Co-Signer must be a US citizen or permanent resident, with good credit, income history and who has lived in the USA for the past 2 years. There are very few students who have good enough credit and income history to qualify for a loan without a co-signer.

Foreign Enrolled Private Loans offer:

  • Funding limits up to the total cost of education, as determined by your school, minus any other aid received. Total cost of education includes tuition, room and board, and living expenses.
  • Fast online application and approval
  • No application fee and no out-of-pocket costs
  • Hundreds of approved foreign schools, including medical, dental, business and law schools


University of Westminster Scholarship 2012

University of Westminster

Address: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW
Phone: + 44 (0)20 7911 Web:

Name: Westminster International Scholarships
Level: Postgraduate/PhD
Requirement: Applicant must be an international student from a developing country and hold an offer for a full-time Masters degree.
Facility: Full tuition fee waivers, accommodation, living expenses and flights to and from London.

Number of Scholarship: n/a
Form Collection Last Date: 31-05-2012
Form Submission Last Date: 31-05-2012
Apply Procedure: To read the complete apply procedure please click here -> Application Form
Selection Procedure: International Scholarships are awarded for full-time Masters degree at the University of Westminster.Particular preference will be given to applicants that can demonstrate how the knowledge they will acquire from their studies will aid the development of their home countries.
Special Note: For more info please visit: Scholarship

Tier 4 student visa Video guide

Lets learn more about UK Tier 4 point based system (PBS) in interactive way. Many international students still don’t know about recent UK student visa system. This time in this interactive way I hope students will get more idea about point based visa system (PBS). You (students) could learn how does it work! Please watch this video properly and follow these instruction for your further steps about Studying in UK.

Continue reading

International Student Advice

Leaving home to study in a global city like London is an exciting time but we know you might also feel a little overwhelmed.

That’s why we’re bringing you advice from London’s international students who know exactly how you are feeling.

Luisa Madeira, Brazilian PhD Research student at St George’s, University of London Continue reading

Study in Lodnon

London, one of the world’s leading tourism destinations, is home to an array of famous tourist attractions and some of the best shopping streets in the world. With almost 15 million international visitors per year, London is the second most visited city in the world.

Many of London’s attractions are within walking distance of each other but there are many ways to get around. London has a great, user-friendly underground system and an extensive bus network that covers all of London, serving all tourist destinations. Bus tickets cost 2.20 for a single fair and a day travel card for central London is 5.60. The underground runs from 5am till midnight and many of the buses run 24 hours a day all week. Continue reading

Study in the UK

Hundreds of thousands of international students study in the UK each year, making studying in the UK the number two choice for international students in the world, second only to the USA. For students worldwide that would like an English-language education, what better place to study than the country that invented the language?

study uk londonWith an excellent higher-education system and hundreds of world-class universities, the UK promises a rich experience for international students. Our Study UK resource is intended to help you learn more about studying in the UK as an international student, and includes sections on choosing the UK as a destination, choosing a location within the UK, learning more about the country, its history and culture, and adapting to life in your adopted country. Continue reading

Study in UK Opportunities for Ghana Students

Study in UK Opportunities for Ghana Students


UK qualifications are recognized by employers and organizations worldwide. The UK education system has a reputation for quality standards at all levels with many institutions considered to be among the best in the world for teaching and research. UK courses encourage independence, creativity and self-reliance: the kinds of qualities that employers around the world are looking for. Degree courses last three years (not four as in many other countries), and master’s degree courses can take one year (not two), dramatically reducing your costs. A safe environment, established support services for international students and likely access to free healthcare. Thousands of scholarship opportunities. A fun and friendly student culture. Opportunities for part-time and vacation work in the UK as well as organized work placements at leading businesses as part of courses. Studying in UK is a base for exploring historic parts of the UK and mainland Europe and a experience of living as part of a multicultural society. Continue reading

2012 Academic School Graduate Teaching Assistantship in Politics and International Relations at University of Kent, UK

Graduate Teaching Assistantship in the field of Politics and International Relations at University of Kent , 2012 UK

Study Subject(s):Politics and International Relations
Course Level:Graduate
Scholarship Provider: University of Kent
Scholarship can be taken at: UK

Eligibility:-Candidates must hold a good Honours degree (First or 2i) or a Master’s degree at merit or distinction in a relevant subject or equivalent.
-The GTA competition is open to all postgraduate research applicants.
-UK, EU and overseas fee paying students invited to apply.
-Applicants will be expected to teach on our undergraduate programmes.
-Applicants who can teach or demonstrate the ability to teach Comparative Politics, Political Science or Conflict would be an advantage. Continue reading


There are many grants, scholarships and awards available to help fund your studies in the UK and other Commonwealth countries. It’s important to know what’s available and where, so you can find the right funding to suit your study. We have provided you with links to some of the main websites for funding information, to help make your research easier.

Visit the Chevening website to find out more about the benefits of becoming a Chevening scholar. Continue reading

The University of Manchester Equity and Merit Scholarships

The University of Manchester is providing a unique equity and merit scholarship for devloping countries since 2007 and operates in Bangladesh, Kenya and Rwanda. Equity and merit scholarship is only for postgraduate courses. The aim of this scholarship to assist talented but economically disadvantaged students from some of the world’s poorest countries.

Continue reading

London metropolitan university Tier 4 licence revoked – What to do now!

UK Government university London Metropolitan University has been banned to recruit international students  by the UK Boarder Agency. More than 2,500 international students studying in this University and they are panicking now for their future. UKBA withdrawn (revoked) London Met’s Tier 4 sponsor and as a result all non EU student have to find another sponsor within 60 days or return home country. London Metropolitan University was a Highly Trusted Sponsor.

Continue reading

UK university setting up a memorial scholarship in memory of murdered Indian student

Lancaster University is to set up a scholarship in memory of Anuj Bidve the Indian student whose unprovoked murder in Manchester evoked widespread sympathy and outrage.

“The scholarship is a fitting and lasting way of remembering Anuj, who was an outstanding said Lancaster University’s vice-chancellor Professor Mark E Smith.

Bidve, 23, was studying engineering at Lancaster when he was killed in Salford on December 26. Continue reading

Changes to appeals against immigration and asylum decisions from 19 December 2011

Date: 09 December 2011

The Ministry of Justice will be introducing appeal fee charges for some asylum and immigration appeals from 19 December 2011.

People who want to appeal against a decision notice dated 19 December 2011 or later will need to pay a fee. The appeal fee will apply to most categories of visas and decisions. Any exemptions to the fees will be outlined by the Ministry of Justice. This will not affect any decision notices that are dated before 19 December.

Also, from 19 December people will need to lodge their appeals at the tribunal in the UK. We will no longer accept appeals at any of our overseas visa application centres.

Full guidance about the changes will be published on the Ministry of Justice website from 19 December 2011.

Source: UKBA

Colleges ‘blocked’ over degree ambitions, warns Vince Cable

An article in the BBC reported that Business Secretary Vince Cable is hearing reports that some universities are blocking colleges’ attempts to offer cheaper degrees.

College leaders meeting in Birmingham say universities fear they could be priced out of the market.

The government has invited providers offering degrees for less than £7,500 a year to bid for extra places.

Most colleges offering degree courses do so in partnership with universities. This is because they do not have degree-awarding powers and enter into arrangements with local universities which can validate their courses.

About 171,000 students study higher education (HE) courses at further education (FE) colleges in England.

Continue reading

Which is better, a UK degree or a US degree?

Should I study in the UK or the US is one of the first questions for a lot of international students considering their study abroad options. Of course there is no easy answer to this question.

Interestingly, when the British Council asked American employers a similar question, 73% believed UK university degrees are the same or better than those in the United States.

US employers said they valued UK university degrees thanks to the tutorial style of learning, the specialisation in specific subjects, and the focus on independent study. Continue reading

UKBA tighten English language test requirement on Tier 1 and 2 working visa applications in the UK

The UK Border Agency (UKBA) has announced that from 6 April 2012 they will be removing the provision for applicants in the UK to apply for permission to stay here (leave to remain) before they have taken or received the results of an English language test.

The revised policy applies to applicants applying under Tier 1 (General), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and Tier 2 of the points-based system. Continue reading

Appealing immigration and asylum decisions from 19 December 2011

19 December 2011

From today, theUKgovernment’s Ministry of Justice is introducing new fees for some asylum and immigration appeals, and changing the way customers can submit their appeals.

This new policy reflects the government’s view that users of the appeals system, who can afford to pay, should contribute to the system’s cost. Fees of £80 for a paper consideration and £140 for an oral hearing will be applied to appeals against decisions taken on or after 19 December 2011.

Continue reading

Heriot Watt University London Campus offering Postgraduate courses

HeriottWatt_universityHeriot Watt University (Scotland) already open a new associate campus in London with WLC where they are offering couple of masters degree for the students. Especially the postgraduate courses designed for the Tier 4 international students. Edinburgh Business School is a part of Heriot-Watt University is one of the top business school in the UK. Heriot Watt offered MBA degree which is very prestigious among British MBA degrees.

Heriot-Watt University is ranked in the top 10 universities in the UK (2013 Sunday Times Guide). Also Heriot-Watt University became ”Scottish University of The Year 2011-12”.

If you are a Tier 4 international students in UK and would like to obtain not only work permit but also one of the renewable degree then  you should join WLC for Heriot Watt MBA programme or any other Masters Degree programme. Continue reading

New Tier 4 maintenance fund increased from April 2012

UKBA recently set a new changes in Tier 4 student visa. From 6th April 2012 all student who wants to study in UK has to show £200 extra for every single month. Whether your place of study inner London or outer London, you must add £200 for your living expense extra in each month to show UK Boarder Agency that you have sufficient money to cover your study while your are in UK.

For prospective students:

If you want to come in UK then please note the following Tier 4 maintenance requirements changes.

  • £1000 each month if your primary study location inner Greater London, up to 9 months for 28 days period in your bank account. Which is (9 Months x £1000) £9000 for your accommodation and maintenance in london. Please covert British Pound to your local currency.
  • £800 each month if your primary study location outside Greater London, up to 9 months for 28 days period in your bank account. Which is £7200 if you study outside London. Continue reading



Fund your postgraduate studies in a Commonwealth country

Are you a university graduate? Would you like to study or train abroad? The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan can help you broaden your horizons, experience another culture and further your education.

Continue reading

Approved Financial Bank List for Philippines by UKBA

The UK Border Agency in Pakistan has published a list of financial institutions (Bank) from which it will no longer accept documentation in support of visa applications made under the points-based system (PBS).

Visa applicants will need to submit evidence from a financial institution that is not listed as being 1 from which the UK Border Agency will not accept documents. Visa applications will be refused if they rely on information from an institution which is listed as 1 from which evidence will not be accepted.

Continue reading

University of Wales degree and visa scamming

University of Wales degree and visa scamming

Today BBC Wales unveiled scamming degree and visa of University of Wales which is the second largest university in UK. Few of the UK based college are scamming University of Wales degree to overseas students to get a quick degree rather than a full course. They taught international students how to obtain a quick (short-cut) degree to get post study work (PSW) permit before April 2012. As per UKBA, PSW is going to shut down its activities by April 2012.

Continue reading

Tier 4 Legacy sponsor

Now a days we acknowledgement  that ‘A’ trusted, ‘B’ trusted sponsor and Highly Trusted Sponsor but many of you maybe didn’t heard about ”Tier 4 Legacy Sponsor”. Legacy is another new sponsor category of Tier 4 immigration system. UK Boarder Agency introduced Legacy sponsor for those institute who was unable to meet their standard requirements of Tier 4 licence and as a result Legacy sponsor will be force to shut their activities in a specific time of period.

Continue reading

Graduate entrepreneur route will be open for International students instead of PSW

UKBA closing Tier 1 Post Study Work (PSW) permit for international students closing from 6th April 2012. Overseas students who already studied in UK won’t be able to apply PSW visa any more. But the good news is UK Boarder Agency recently announced that they are going to open new scheme for Student entrepreneur or Tier 1 Graduate entrepreneur route will be open for genuine University students only. Only UK University students will be able to apply this route and number of places would be up to 1000 applicants. For sure it will effect only a small number of international students.

Continue reading

UK education teaching and study methods

‘Being independent when you study in the UK isn’t just about living away from home. Whatever UK course you study, you will be encouraged to think for yourself and create your own ideas. A UK education will help you gain confidence in your own abilities and equip you with valuable language, creative, analytical and research skills that employers look for. ‘

English language courses in the UKThe UK is the home of the English language and there is a long tradition of teaching English in the UK to speakers of other languages. Any school you choose will have experience of working with international students.  Continue reading

Where to make a complaint against UK College or University?

This is one of the common questions of a large number of international students in UK now. Some students are not happy with their institute’s (specially college) service or behaviour. One of the most common complaint is ”Student get visa refusal and asking money back from college then either they don’t back money or deduct 2/3 times admin charge from the tuition fees”.

Today I want to inform all the international students how to make a complaint against your college or university regarding their service and product.

Some key points for refund policy:

  • Always read properly College or University terms & conditions.
  • Before you make any payment make sure you understand their refund policy
  • Keep all receipts or similar documents for future reference
  • If you don’t found any refund policy with your payment slip do not pay money
  • Without any refund policy you can’t make any complaint

What You Need To Know For Making any Formal Complaint: Please visit UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) for the details of complaint procedure.

Before you make any formal or informal complaint always share with someone you trust and ask for advice or you can take advice from solicitors.

English language tests for applications under Tiers 1, 2 and 4 of the points-based system

Published: 24 January 2012

Today UKBA have made some amendments to the list of approved English language tests for applications made under Tiers 1, 2 and 4 of the points-based system and for spouse or partner applications. Continue reading

Worldwide University Rankings

Times Higher Education published a table of the world’s top universities according to their reputation…

But what does this actually mean?

According to this new university league table almost half of the world’s top universities are in the US – America boasts 45 out of the 100 top institutions, with seven of its universities ranking among the top 10! Harvard University has the number one spot, followed by MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), and then the third place went to Cambridge University in the UK. In fact the UK had one other university in the top ten – Oxford University (obviously), and 12 institutions in total in the global top 100. Continue reading

Financial Aid for Studying in the UK

Funding an education in the UK is a major obstacle for many students, as often there are not many sources of funding available to help students support themselves. The International Financial Aid page from The UK Study  has been designed to provide you with advice on where to find funding for studying in the UK.

UK Universities that Award Financial Aid

We have compiled a list of universities in the UK that provide some form of financial assistance to international students who are currently or will be attending that university. The financial assistance will often vary in the form of scholarships or tuition assistance – so please see the list for further information about each school. Continue reading

UK Universities that Award Financial Aid

If you are an international student looking to study in the UK, the cost of education can be a barrier standing in your way of you achieving your goal. Just like our USA Schools Awarding Aid Database, UK has compiled a list of universities in the UK that offer financial aid to international students. If you are a potential international student looking to study in the UK, you might want to try these universities first – as they are known to offer scholarships and aid to incoming intenrational students. Continue reading

UK University applicants drops 8.7% but non-EU students increase, UCAS figures reveal

The number of UK University applicants has dropped by 8.7% compared with last year, official figures show.

They also reveal a sharper drop among more affluent candidates than among those from disadvantaged backgrounds.

The decision to let UK universities raise undergraduate fees to a maximum of £9,000 a year for resident students provoked widespread public anger and battered the credibility of the Liberal Democrats.

Continue reading

Scholarship Scams

Scholarships are a great way for international students to obtain financial aid that is, essentially free, as you would never need to pay a scholarship back. For this reason scholarships are very popular, and there are some companies/ individuals that will prey on students eagerness to obtain a scholarship to scam them out of money. To protect yourself there are many things you can look out for that should send alarm bells ringing when looking for a scholarship:

How to spot a scholarship scam?

The best way to guard yourself from a scholarship scam is to know what the main scams are and how they work: Continue reading

UK postgraduate study

‘Get a head start in your career with a UK postgraduate degree. The UK is a world-leader in innovation and many university facilities are state-of-the-art. A UK postgraduate education will give you an edge over the competition.’

Study in Accounting

Coming to study in the UKfrom abroad is incredibly exciting when you have many things to think about, including the right to go to college, what course to choose, where you can live and how to get financing if necessary.

Degrees of accounting and finance are very popular, students are likely to want to learn more about money, business and management and how they intertwine three in the world today. In these uncertain economic times, has never been more important for new graduates leaving university with both knowledge and skills as many as possible.

If you decide to do an undergraduate or graduate, you want to feel ready to cope with tutorials, lectures, case studies, tests and examinations to achieve its full potential. Often, this means that the investigation into the various elements in the depth and work independently to find information, not necessarily in the books of the library.

The analysis of company accounts and finances can be a great way to broaden your experience and you might want to do this before you even start to study as a way to increase general knowledge so you can impress your colleagues and teachers as soon as you start. Standing in the crowd is a key to get noticed and increase your chances of getting a job once
its title is complete.

You can make comparisons between different companies, examination of items such as accounts of turnover, profit and loss, balance sheets and liabilities, to name only a few numbers useful. In addition, recent price action of the London Stock Exchange and FTSE companies list is updated every 15 minutes, which means you, will actually get to the minute information. If your interest
investments you can know how much a company invests in a company and percentage they control.

Be the first in his class and do a thorough investigation, only interested or need this essential test of the brand.

Updated information from UKBA for students affected by college closures

Updated information from UKBA for students affected by college closures

Read this article carefully if your Tier 4 college revoked or suspended recently. This guide will help you to understand how you should take action when your Tier 4 institutes licence revoked or suspended by UKBA.

12 December 2011

UKCISA has received written confirmation from the UK Border Agency (UKBA) about two issues affecting students affected by college closures.

Continue reading

International Scholarships for Taught Masters Students

International Scholarships for Taught Masters Students at University of Kent

The University has a long tradition of welcoming international students from around the world and is pleased to be able to offer a number of scholarships for entry at taught masters level.

The scholarships will be worth £5000 (for one year of study) towards the cost of tuition fees and are offered to nationals of any country paying international fees.

Download a pdf version of the latest flyer

The closing date for application is 31 May prior to the academic year of entry. Continue reading

Tier 1 PSW (Post Study Work) Closing on 05 April 2012

UKBA confirm that they are going to close Tier 1 Post Study Work (PSW) from 5th April 2012.

Students can currently work in the UK for 2 years after their studies have finished, under the Tier 1 (Post-study work) route. But from 6 April, a more selective system will come into effect so only the most talented international graduates can apply to stay in the UK for work purposes.

Only those who graduate from a university, and have an offer of a skilled job at a salary of at least £20,000 (or more in some cases) from a reputable employer accredited by the UK Border Agency, will be able to continue living and working in the UK in order to benefit the British economy.

if you want to apply for PSW make sure you must provide all required documents and maintenance fund as per as UKBA guide line.

Remember from 6th April 2012 no application will be accepted. so send your application before 6 April 2012.

For more details information download UKBA Announcement 

How to Apply in UK university

All applications to UK universities for full-time courses are made through UCAS, the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service. While the Complete University Guide is mostly concerned with universities, many colleges of one sort or another also recruit through UCAS and so you will find over 300 institutions listed on the UCAS website. If you are interested in a part-time course you will need to contact universities individually to find out how to apply.

Continue reading

Tier 4 student visa laws ‘harm universities’ says former Education Minister

UK universities are missing out on students from India because of the Government tightening immigration controls, a former education minister warns.

Labour’s Baroness Blackstone said the country risked being in a “very unfortunate position” when it came to attracting lucrative overseas students – worth billions of pounds to UK universities.

Her concerns were echoed by several peers at question time in the House of Lords, but Home Office minister Lord Henley said latest UCAS figures showed a 13% increase in university applications from students from outside the European Union. Continue reading

British Council adds to warnings of damage from student visa restrictions

A recent research published by the British Council has called cast doubt on government policies aimed at reducing the intake of international students. The Education Intelligence report ‘Impact of Visa Changes on Student Mobility and Outlook for the UK’ looks at the recent experiences of the USA and Australia in tightening student visa controls and the effect that it had on their higher education sectors and economies.

It warns that adoption of policies that have now been abandoned by other countries has “managed to single out the UK as the country with the toughest immigration regime when compared to its competitors” and risks losing “genuine and career-driven students” to Australia, Canada and the US.

Continue reading

Guidance for international students sponsored by London Metropolitan University

31 August 2012

This page is for students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who are studying at London Metropolitan University or are planning to study there. We will update it with any new information.

We have withdrawn London Metropolitan University’s licence to sponsor students from outside the EEA under Tier 4 of the points-based system. This means it is no longer on the register of licensed sponsors, and it can no longer sponsor students from outside the EEA with a Tier 4 visa.

A taskforce is being created, which will include the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE), Universities UK, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), the UK Border Agency and the National Union of Students (NUS). This is starting to work with London Metropolitan University to support you. It will try to help appropriately qualified genuine students to find another education provider to sponsor them, provided they meet the requirements to study in the UK under Tier 4 of the points-based system.

Continue reading

Student visa extension from inside the UK

If you are a current student in UK and want to apply for a new UK student visa for extension or new application then you must know some recent changes of  Tier 4 student policy. To apply a new visa or extension from UK you need to fulfill UK Boarder Agency requirements to get permission to study here.

Contact with London Study for FREE advise
We would happy to help you. E-mail:  Call: 00447898651930

Continue reading

UK Student be aware from Money Laundering and fraud job advertisement

Couple of weeks ago I got a email from unknown person stating ”GUMTREE JOBS” and job title was Service Manager. I applied several jobs through Gumtree and thought it may be one of these. The email are describe below as it is.

Continue reading